The road to recovery is long and brings with it self doubt, old feelings, past emotions and lost thoughts. If you know someone who is on the road to recovery or if you, yourself are ready to beat addiction and seek change, make sure to check out this list of the top 10 books on addiction and recovery.
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood by Koren Zailckas
- When AA Doesn’t Work For You: Rational Steps to Quitting Alcohol by Albert Ellis
- The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll
- Living Sober by Anonymous
- Addict in the Family: Stories of Loss, Hope and Recovery by Beverly Conyers
- A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
- Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Ninety Days: A Memoir of Recovery by Bill Clegg
- Tweak: Growing Up On Methamphetamines by Nic Sheff
My new podcast coming soon!! “Morph Into A New You!” Click on above image to learn more including days, times, special guest announcements and conversation topics.
6 Ways to Help Someone You Love Stay Sober
Many people who decide to get help with their substance addiction might think that detox and rehab are the only parts of the recovery process, but ending substance abuse is only the beginning. Recovering from an addiction is a lifelong process, because staying sober takes commitment and determination. It helps for recovering addicts to have support from their loved ones, so it’s essential that people encourage recovering addicts by motivating them to continue living a substance-free life. Millions of people struggle with substance addictions each year. The 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Mental Health found that 8.5 percent of the US population had a substance dependence or abuse problem in the previous year. Of these people, only 2.5 million people received professional treatment. These statistics show that addiction is a common problem that many people ignore. CONTINUE ARTICLE
Order your copy of Dragons to Butterflies on Amazon. Don’t forget to LIKE Dragons to Butterflies on Facebook.